Everybody is aware that Business central was live in month of April 2018 and now Microsoft is geared up for October 2018 release which will available in cloud, on-premises and in hybrid deployments. This version will come up with new and rich features which will make business users to interact more efficiently with product and get rid of day to day processes.
Roadmap for business central
New features in business central
Refreshed desktop experience :- With a fresh new look it is easier to use business central .It is focused on layout of data, better data visibility ,new look and feel
Improved productivity on lists :- Available the features like show/hide more columns, freeze pane, limit totals, row based copy paste. All the lists in the product feature now a new, refreshed layout with more flexible grid customization,
tile view available everywhere and with quick access to search and view. This allows users to get better and faster access to the data whenever it is needed.
Improved Search :- Get your data faster with improved search for pages,reports . The Search field replaces the Search for Page or Report field. You can use it to find objects such as pages and reports, but also to find actions and product documentation.
Advance Filtering :-The powerful filtering capabilities in Business Central accelerate list-related tasks by providing absolute control over filtering in a modern and intuitive experience.
The filter pane allows you to:
• Get an overview of the currently applied filters, and see if they were set by you, by a filtered view, or by the application itself.
• Add as many filtered columns as you like by typing to quickly search for more fields on the source table.
• Get assistance with specifying filter values using lookups or the field’s data type.
• Create complex filters using operators, ranges, variables, and shorthand.
• Filter to the current cell value in the list.
Limit Totals:- Most popular and useful features of NAV makes entry in Business central
Copy and Paste :-This enables you to
• Copy one or more rows in a list and paste them to the same (or similar) list.
• Copy one or more rows and paste them into Microsoft Excel, including the column captions.
Not using Excel? Most applications such as Microsoft Outlook allow pasting tabular content
where the column captions will be displayed.
• Copy one or more rows from Excel and paste them into Business Central.
Enhanced Power BI embed experience :- Enhancements to the current Power BI embed experience include an automatic deployment of Power BI reports, default report selection, and the ability to manage their Power BI reports without ever requiring them to leave Business Central.
Permission sets are editable :- End users can customize the permission sets and give them a structure that meets the specific needs of their business.
Intelligent edge :-Connect your on-premises Dynamics SMB solution to the intelligent cloud through Dynamics 365 Business Central, and get access to Power BI, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, machine learning, and others.
and many more new features has been added in this release such as enhancement in AL development which will share in next blog.
Stay tuned for more updates…
Source :- Business release notes