Table Type In NAV 2016
Nice features in NAV 2016 Table i.e One can specify the Table type
Earlier version we are using property called ‘LinkedObject’ to link the external table/view.
In New version we have property Table type which contains three different type as follows called ExternalSql’ wherein one can specify table/view from sql server that is not in MS Dynamics NAV DB
- Normal :- Specified the table as normal table . This is default value whenever you create table in NAV
- CRM:- Integration table for integrating NAV with Microsoft dynamics CRM
- ExternalSQL:- Specify the table/view in sql server which is not in NAV database.
When one select ‘ExternalSQL’ two other properties will enable automatically
1) ExternalName :- specify the name of external table from database
2) External Schema :- Specify the database schema.
You can look at How to register External Tables